Saturday, March 31

How to Cast a Circle

When I started practicing Wicca, I was unclear on how to cast Circles. I didn’t know if the rules were passed down through Covens, if they were purely intuitive, or even if they had casting rules. I started to wonder if everyone knew how to cast Circles and I was just lacking in spiritual knowledge. Finally, I came upon a small piece about  it in 'Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner.' I found out that I have been creating Circles all my life! (Although mine were usually portable.)

---
This is how I create Circles.

Close your eyes, feel the energy of objects around you, and find a good place for your circle.
Glance around, visually establishing the borders of your Circle.
Use a Wand, Athame, your hand, or your mind to direct energy around you in a clockwise circle. Many people envision this circle on the ground, eye level, chest level etc. Just do what comes naturally to you. As your energy moves around you, picture it flowing out in vibrant color or light (mine is purple light) like ink from a pen, creating a protective circle around you. Allow your energy to orbit you like electrons around a nucleus, weaving trails of color around you and forming a strong, positive wall. This should help you focus your energy efficiently and protect you from most outside forces. To break the circle, imagine allowing a seam to open near the top of your circle. Push your way through it, allowing any remaining energies to ground and spread into the earth.



---
After breaking a circle, you may feel a bit aimless. This is because you are used to having energy focused on something. If you just used this energy, it is quite natural to a little feel confused, aimless, disoriented, or even a bit tired.
Sit down. Drink something. Focus on a small physical or mental craft. I usually write poetry, draw, or carve wands. Don't worry. Focus will return.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! Really I want to say this is a great blog ! YOU are a great person! YOU are very purple (indigo). Thanks so much for sharing . Fantastic! Superb! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!