Friday, April 27

Alhethor


Last year I lit a green birthday candle I found lying in the bottom of a drawer for Saturday. I melted the bottom to a bottle lid, lit it, turned out the lights, sat down so that I was eye level with the flame, and said hello. It spoke back. He was fresh and young and had traveled quite a ways. He was afraid of the dark all around him, but I explained that the lights were out, but it was okay, I was there, and he had to be strong to supply light. He was happy to be with me and we held a mental conversation. His name was Alhethor and he was quite exited about something or other. I mostly got vague images about what it was, but it seemed to be something earthy.

I wrote a small poem/prayer when watching him and sang it back to him. He seemed to like it.
"Candle candle burning bright
Burning bright all through the night
Come to me by heart's delight
Through the flame that burns tonight."

Of course, he died as all things do. Before he went, he thanked me for being so nice to him. I asked him if he was going to be all right, and he said that I had helped strengthen him. I thanked him for giving me light and talking to me and he slowly winked out. He wasn't quite dead though. I felt part of him curl and spread through the air. The other part ran off in a whispery kind of delight.

I almost miss him whenever I think of him, but I always remember that he lives within everything that is the universe- including me.

Thank you for sharing your light with me, Alhethor. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!